The News App Pre-Roll is a video ad that serves within the local ABC Owned Television Station News Apps on both iOS (iPad, iPhone) and Android devices. The video ad is immediately followed by the app video content. Maximum duration of the video is 30-seconds.
Please allow three business days for testing and review.
- There is no restriction on file size. See below for submission requirements.
- 15 seconds
- Video Display Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (Preferred)
- Video Dimensions: 400×224 min, 854×480 max
- Video Display Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Video Dimensions: 640×480
- Accepted file type: m3u8 and mp4
- Site reserves the right of final approval on creative assets.
- The advertising content must be clearly identifiable as an advertisement, as opposed to a link within site content. Advertisers must be clearly identified by name in at least one frame of the advertising content.
- Ad units that have a white or partially white background must be bound by a visible one (1) pixel non-white box built into the graphic. Creative must still meet size specifications with border.
- Ad units must have a linking URL that resolves to an active page.
- All Flash and third party creative must open a new window.
- Placeholder or non-final ad content will not be considered as “proxies” for final creative.
- ABC OTV’s ad server, FreeWheel, is IAB compliant, SAS-70 certified, and Media Rating Council (MRC) accredited.