The News App Pre-Roll is a video ad that serves within the local ABC Owned Television Station News Apps on both iOS (iPad, iPhone) and Android devices. The video ad is immediately followed by the app video content. Maximum duration of the video is 30-seconds.
Approved Vendor List:
- Click to view our Approved Vendor list.
- Please note that this is a living document, so check back regularly for updates. Because some platforms have exceptions and new endpoints are added frequently, this list does not guarantee the ability to serve all formats or ad types for every vendor. Please ask your AE or Account Manager for the most-up-to-date information.
- If you do not see your preferred vendor listed, please reach out to your AE or Account Manager who can assist you by submitting a New Vendor Request on your behalf.
- For Brand Study, Attribution and Viewability vendors, please contact your AE or Account Manager for vendor approval and compliance with our Terms & Conditions.
Please allow three business days for testing and review.
- There is no restriction on file size. See below for submission requirements.
- 15 seconds
- Video Display Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (Preferred)
- Video Dimensions: 400×224 min, 854×480 max
- Video Display Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Video Dimensions: 640×480
- Accepted file type: m3u8 and mp4
- Site reserves the right of final approval on creative assets.
- The advertising content must be clearly identifiable as an advertisement, as opposed to a link within site content. Advertisers must be clearly identified by name in at least one frame of the advertising content.
- Ad units that have a white or partially white background must be bound by a visible one (1) pixel non-white box built into the graphic. Creative must still meet size specifications with border.
- Ad units must have a linking URL that resolves to an active page.
- All Flash and third party creative must open a new window.
- Placeholder or non-final ad content will not be considered as “proxies” for final creative.
- ABC OTV’s ad server, FreeWheel, is IAB compliant, SAS-70 certified, and Media Rating Council (MRC) accredited.