The Billboard is one of the IAB’s Rising Stars ad units–a 970×250 leaderboard-style unit which provides a large branded opportunity on the ABC.com homepage.
When served by a third party vendor, the Billboard can accommodate video and other interactive elements, providing a rich advertising experience.
Please allow five business days for testing and review.
|Audio/Video||3rd Party 1x1|
gif, jpg, png, HTML5
|970x250||50K||Polite download: 1MB
- Please see IAB’s Billboard style guide: http://www.iab.net/media/file/IAB_Billboard_Style_Guide.pdf
- Audio: Must be user-initiated on click and include a “Mute” button
- Video: May be user-initiated or auto-play; if auto-play video cannot exceed 30 seconds
- Video: Must include “Play” and “Stop” buttons
- A default experience must be provided for non-compliant browsers
- Site reserves right of final approval on creative assets
First party hosted HTML5 creative must follow the below guidelines:
- A single click-through URL.
- All third party click tracking must be built into HTML5 file.
- No additional interactive features aside from the click-through (no photo galleries, mouse-over interactions, etc).
- Assets must be submitted as .zip folders containing all applicable files; one .zip folder per creative.
- File references in the HTML5 must use relative file paths.
- HTML5 creative must be “plug and play”—assets must be delivered in a state in which the main HTML5 file can be opened and function correctly. HTML5 creative which is not in a functioning state will be rejected.
- Total auto-play animation may not exceed 30 seconds and may contain no more than three loops of animation within the 30 second limit.
- Site reserves the right of final approval on creative assets.
- The advertising content must be clearly identifiable as an advertisement, as opposed to a link within site content. Advertisers must be clearly identified by name in at least one frame of the advertising content.
- Ad units that have a white or partially white background must be bound by a visible one (1) pixel non-white box built into the graphic. Creative must still meet size specifications with border.
- Ad units must have a linking URL that resolves to an active page.
- All third party creative must open a new window.
- Placeholder or non-final ad content will not be considered as “proxies” for final creative.